Sunday, October 4, 2009
Perfect Autumn Day
I sit at a pleasant, quiet Starbucks sipping my Pumpkin Spice non-fat latte and Reflecting for a moment on this brilliant day. I am watching a mother play with her child. I take great joy in the rustling of the trees, and the movement of their leaves, after what seems like months of stillness and warmth. Their fluid motion inspires me to want to move like them, and I recall the freedom of my body and sensuality as I belly danced earlier today. My body is still stimulated from the yoga I did n mid-afternoon, as sunlight poured through my window, feeding my spirit. I am still delighting in my inner child from the playful bike ride I experienced, which included a stop on the swings and a catlike nap on a graffiti covered bench. Throughout the day a crisp, spicy scent filled my nostrils, and a vibrant breeze touched my skin. As my senses overwhelmed me, I realized we can experience a change of seasons in Southern California.
I change with the seasons as well, just as many of us do. Autumn is my magical, meaningful season. It is the one where I seem to be the most tranquil and energized. A new sense of hope and inspiration overcomes me during this time, and I fantasize about that first day, the day I truly feel the transformation of the season, and of myself.
That is why Today was about me. It was about my well-being, sense of self, and future. Today when I awoke to the breeze in my window, I knew that I deserved a quiet, self-reflecting day of Me. Oh, what a lovely day it has been.
My life will be changing drastically soon, and so will my Blog. This Blog will remain an account of my experience with Subculture and observations of humanity. However I will also be writing about my personal growth and journey.
Why does it sometimes feel like Life has Just Begun?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment