Dodger's Stadium is like any baseball stadium, one of nostalgia, magic, and pure all- American bliss. One glimpse of the gleaming "Think Blue" in the background and a whiff of a Dodger dog can bring a grin to any one's face. Yet if you decide to sit in the All-You-Can-Eat Pavilion, located in the crappy seats behind right field, you experience a whole new subculture of Dodger fanatics.
The Pavilion is chaotic, and the seats hurt your ass. However, the fans are hardcore and you can grub on as many Dodger Dogs as you want. Really, you can eat 10 if you want to. I can't count the number of times I saw someone pass my end seat with a plastic bag full of Dodger dogs. Entire families would supply themselves for weeks. The dogs are tempting, but I don't dig the weird vibe in my stomach afterwords. I have to ponder the nature of these hot dogs. I digress.
Pavilion fans have to be the most pro-active, obvious fanatics in the stadium. They started a wave twice, the kind that circle the stadium several times. They often began chants and cheers, more often than I ever experienced in the other areas of seating. They yell at the outfielders and yell at each other. It's awesome, and takes my mind off the fact that my ass hurts and my stomach is churning.
Do Not, under any circumstances, wear the opposite team's jersey or colors in the All-You-Can-Eat-Pavilion. You will look like a total ass, and receive an abundance of wrath from die-hard Dodger fans. You will get Booed intensely by everyone, and much will be thrown at you. Keep in mind these people have access to food all night, and have no problem straight chucking a dodger dog right at your head, and popcorn is inevitable. If you wear an Angel's jersey, you are likely to be physically injured, maybe even killed.
Those who Boo or taunt are often escorted out by security. This is not a shocking event, and happens quite often in the pavilion. I have included a video below, taken from the Dodgers VS Braves game.
If one is escorted out by a security guard, it is a badge of honor to wear with dignity and pride, marking his/her status as a die hard, truly zealous Fan. Observers will applaud the Fan, and many will even join in the escorting. Afterwords, the victim who sported the wrong colors will be the object of dirty looks of disdain.
The Pavilion is the ghetto of Dodger's stadium. It is where the party is at.
It is the place with the Fans who Bleed Blue.
Top: 7th Inning Stretch
Bottom: Booing the "Braves" fan, Security included!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment