


Flaneuring: Psychogeograpcial Derive.
How to Flaneur:
1. Stroll
2. Observe
3. Take pictures
-------
Sometimes Ill be driving, and I wish I was walking.
Sometimes Ill see a dark corner or interesting bench, and I just want to sit there.
Why
My perspective has been altered. I have found a new appreciation for simply walking, sitting, and observing. There is a whole world happening. I may not be able to see it all right now, but I CAN see what is happening, over here, at this moment. You do not need to go to a museum to see beauty, nor do you need to look at magazines or browse the internet. There is beauty everywhere, if you simply look. Look closely and you will see a tree. Look closer and you will see the marks in the tree left by people who noticed it before you. Look even closer, and you will appreciate the texture and design of the bark, and you will love the tree for all of its years and all of its glory.
Below is a link to the article that I read which inspired me to sit in those spots that I wonder about and walk the streets that seem so dull and boring. What I have discovered, is that there is very little that is boring about this world and this life. I have included some photos taken from some of my Flaneuring adventures. I encourage you to go for a walk and take along a camera.
You may look at your pictures a day later and think they are ridiculous or boring. However I guarantee that you will not be thinking that when you notice the object you are shooting and capture that moment in time. In the end, you may end up with interesting photos. Or not. It doesn't matter. What matters is meditation, appreciation, and observation of life.
http://www.mookychick.co.uk/travel/flaneur.php "
[The street photographer] is roving and impassioned, preserving the least traces, the changing reflections, the course of things, the movement of the city, the confessions, antipathies, and admirations of the crowd."


Sounds like fun - if you can find the time.
ReplyDeleteMake time? I know. But that's difficult.
I really want to get into photography as a hobby. It was a goal for this year, but I've yet to do any.