I hate this. I hate wandering in the dark, unsure if I will ever reach my destination. I hate the shield that I must carry, it is so heavy and it is a burden I wish to discard.
I chose this Path to escape the suffering. Although, I can still hear it....smell it...even taste it. Sometimes I taste blood in my mouth, and I must stop myself from running the other way, back towards the world I used to know. And other times, I crave the blood, as if I never really escaped at all.
When I first started this journey, I can recall seeing a shadow out of the corner of my eye. With a flicker of Hope I ran towards it, hoping to find some sort of solace from this shadow. Perhaps I do not have to walk this Path in solitude afterall. Yet the shadow vanished and I told myself I must be hallucinating.
The shadow returned that night while I slept, and for that night I felt safe. Only I did not see the Shadow with my own eyes, because it was too dark of course. My Mind knew that the Shadow was there.
Now that I am walking along, with the Moon leading the way, I feel a deep ache. One day, the Moon came out and never left. I have not seen the light in I
I begin to Lose Hope. Obviously it has always been this Dark, as I do not even remember what color the Trees are supposed to be. Perhaps the light, this phenomenon called the "Sun" does not really exist, perhaps it was always in my mind, just as the Shadow was. I begin to grow weary and lost.
At times I think I can feel the Shadow. I begin to feel hate and anger, and I crave the taste of Blood. I begin to think that I have begun a journey on a Path which has no end. As I walk, the Moon stays in the same place. It never gets closer. The Dark never fades. I dream of a day when the Trees will open, the Webs will be cleared, and I can see the colors of the world. I remain in a cursed place. This forest is cursed, and everything around me is cursed. I have already passed several bodies from those who could not finish. I wonder if those people saw the Shadow as well.
Some may say that it is enchantment. The enchanted forest. Ha! Those are the people on the other side. Those are the people who take the shortcuts, the routes with flowers floating through the air and Unicorns prancing about.
As I tear through the Webs and bear my Shield of Lies, I tell myself that it wont be much longer, soon my Moment will come. The trees will fade away in to the most beautiful scene I can imagine. I will finally find what I have been seeking. I will fling the Heavy Shield from my arms, wipe the rest of the webs from my face, cleanse myself in the Lake of Clarity, and bask in the Radiant Sun. I will let its Rays of Light consume my body. I will Finally know that the Shadow is not just a Dream.
At least, thats what I keep telling myself, as I continue down this dreary and dark path, desperately attempting to grasp ever bit of Beauty I can, with my Shield of Lies and Tangle of Webs.


No comments:
Post a Comment